Have you ever given any real thought to just how precious your income is and how much your lifestyle and family depend upon it?
Your income should be one of the first things that you protect, helping you to ensure that your monthly obligations are covered should you suffer an illness, injury or disability.
Here are a few facts that you might not know:
- £108 is the State Employment and Support Allowance that may be paid per week. Your personal circumstances could affect how much you get.
- 18 – the number of days the average UK family could survive financially if they were to lose their income
- 26 Times – the amount you’re more than likely to be incapacitated and off work for more than 6 months than you are to die before age 65 (according to UK statistics)
Here are a few facts that you might not know about Vitality Short Term Income Protection Cover:
- Tax free monthly payment if you’re unable to work through illness or incapacity
- Vitality will pay you for up to 2 years per condition
- Multiple Claims Option – if you suffer a different condition, you can claim again (for up to 2 years)
- The monthly payment can be used as you wish, not just to help cover the mortgage and household bills
- You can choose when your payments start, from 7 days to 12 months after not being able to do your job
- The maximum amount of cover that you can have is the lower of 50% of your earnings or £10,000 per month
- You can take out the plan between 17 and 60
- You can keep the plan as long as you need it, up to age 70
- The minimum period of cover is 5 years
As you can see there are many benefits of Short Term Income Protection cover and it is a great solution to meeting your financial needs should you be unable to work.
If you’re interested in finding out more, covering your financial liabilities and protecting your family why not get in touch for a quote? Call 0800 044 5733